Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Pleasure of His Presence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Pleasure of His Presence

Post by Psalmist on June 7th 2014, 8:51 pm

John 10:14"I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own sheep and my own sheep know me. 15In the same way, the Father knows me and I know the Father. I put the sheep before myself, sacrificing myself if necessary. 16You need to know that I have other sheep in addition to those in this pen. I need to gather and bring them, too. They'll also recognize my voice. Then it will be one flock, one Shepherd. 17This is why the Father loves me: because I freely lay down my life. And so I am free to take it up again. 18No one takes it from me. I lay it down of my own free will. I have the right to lay it down; I also have the right to take it up again. I received this authority personally from my Father."

How would you feel if your sweetie just walked by you everyday or night and smiled? That's all, just a smile and the occasional peck on the cheek. You might wonder if something was up. Was it something you said or didn't say? Couples often drift apart for no other reason than lack of time spent together. They become married singles. Both love each other but are in two different worlds. If you haven't seen "Mom's Night Out", you are really missing it. No it's not a 'chick flick'. Guys will laugh themselves to tears also. You can take the whole family too!! Not a single cuss word in the whole movie,WOW!

Last week I spent 5 days in the hospital with a bladder infection. That was a lot of fun. The most wonderful time I've had in a long time as my wife was there with me almost the whole time. We didn't make any bike trip plans. I don't remember even talking about bikes with her at all. She knew I was running a fever when that happened. Running about 102-103 for a few days can really make you delirious. She never left my side and slept in the small bed each night. I encouraged her to go home and sleep but that didn't happen. Getting up every hour because the fluids in the IV's was pretty exciting. She would help me with the power cord and tubes. I really married up!

Jesus is also that way with us. He's stopping traffic and poking us awake when we've been riding too long. He's always there. Sometimes He reminds us when He brings an awesome sunset or sunrise. Or maybe it's the giggle and laughter of your grandbaby. It's the little things we often overlook as His kisses from heaven. Sometimes He doesn't say anything when we're past the end of our rope. But He's always there. He let's us go through trials and tests, but it's not a punishment. He's really crazy about us. We just live in decaying bodies that fall apart. The lifetime warranty was shortened in the garden.

When was the last time you had a 'date night' with your sweetie? If you have to stop and think, it's been way too long. Set aside one night each week to be with her and go somewhere, anywhere. If you feel like things are really cold between you two, you need to do some real 'homework'. Begin to 'court' her again. Check out the book "The Love Dare" by Kendricks or get the video. This will help you relight the pilot light of your love furnace.

If you feel far from Jesus, you might do the same. Begin to read His love letter again and stop and listen to His whispers. Maybe start in John and read one chapter each early morning. When you pray, just talk to Him and tell Him how wonderful that sunset was or thank Him for your grandbabies laugh. He is so pleased when you just look His way and find pleasure in His presence. Take the time and thank Him for all the little and big things He's done and is doing. I hope this is a wonderful week for you and you get some serious riding in. Remember I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Pleasure of His Presence

Post by NeonLeon on June 7th 2014, 11:16 pm

Thanks Dino .... and thank YOU for answered prayers ...

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7143

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on June 8th 2014, 3:10 pm

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2737

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on June 8th 2014, 5:11 pm

thanks dino and welcome back to the world  TU 

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8531

Back to top Go down