Sunday Mornin' Hope : Spending Love

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Spending Love

Post by Psalmist on June 21st 2014, 10:15 pm

John 15 :
9"I've loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. 10If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love. That's what I've done--kept my Father's commands and made myself at home in his love.

11"I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. 12This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. 13This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. 14You are my friends when you do the things I command you. 15I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father.

Love. What is it you love? Sure we all want to say a person and Jesus and maybe a dog. And those are great answers. But how much time do you spend with them? Is your love conditional? Do you love for what you can get from that person? That's probably not really love, but manipulation. Some bikers love their bike until something breaks while riding through Wyoming.

Over the past two weeks I've grown to love my wife in a new way. We just passed 33 years and I find new things about her all the time. Spending two weeks in two hospitals with her was wonderful. My love language is quality time, and I really cashed in on this one. I expected her to go home after my first night in the hospital. Sleeping on a wannabe bed will really test your commitment. She never left my side and we never had a cross word between us. At least I don't remember any. Then when we were upstate in Springdale, I got spend four nights with her!! It was awesome. If it wasn't for the pain, it would have been a perfect two weeks.

Love is an investment of time. You can't make time. You can't borrow time. People might try to steal your time. In love, you take the time to be with them. You spend your time with those you love. Look at your cell phone and you can probably see who you love the most. How many times a day do you call your family for no reason at all? Sometimes we assume that our family will always be here. Therefore we call them weekly or longer.

I have a dog that loves to run away. He has learned to flip the fence latch with his nose. Then he darts off to find his girlfriend and christen every mailbox on his journey. Today he got out while I was in the driveway working on my bike camper trailer. He's an old dog, but loves to run once he finds freedom. I yelled and called him, but he was on a mission. Funny what love does to a dog. About two hours later he came back into the garage to see if I had finished my project. He must've taken his girl out to the matinee. I walked him through the house to the back yard and he laid down in the water filled kiddie pool. She must've been a hot date. A dog's love is amazing. They listen to every word you say and memorize the tone in which you speak.

You know the tone of those you love right away. When Patty speaks in a certain way, I know I'm in trouble or I just did something right. We have a little way of communicating. When I was younger I blew out my left eardrum while scuba diving. So if she sits on my left side, all she gets is smiles from me. When we go out to dinner she's always on my right side. I love listening to her.

I'm learning to listen to God's voice. As I'm reading through the Bible, I hear His voice. I hear a very patient loving Father. Jesus shared God's words as He was speaking. I love His word. I'm learning to spend more time with Him, and it's just getting better and better. All that I've accumulated means nothing if I don't have love. The love of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ means most to me. I know we will be together forever. I can't wait for eternity to begin, yet I don't want to leave here just yet. I've still got a lot of work here to finish.

I love my whole family. They are the best in the world. I love to hear their voices on the phone and in person. I enjoy spending time with them. I hope and pray they will be with me forever in heaven. We're going to ride together when we get there. I hope you will be in heaven too. Come ride with us. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and He will.

I hope this post finds you well and happy. I pray that the love of Jesus Christ fills your heart with joy and peace. I am praying for you that God will keep you safe and full of laughter. Be blessed my friend.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Spending Love

Post by trip on June 23rd 2014, 6:24 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on June 23rd 2014, 2:03 pm

well said , thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on June 24th 2014, 8:47 pm

God bless Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top