Sunday Mornin' Hope : What's Important

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : What's Important

Post by Psalmist on July 12th 2014, 10:26 pm

Php 4:8 -
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Mt 6:33 -
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Last night I was honored by a good friend James. He called me to come to the hospital as his wife was leaving Earth to be with Jesus. We spent hours talking and watching her. This was not a sudden accident. She had been battling cancer for some time. This morning she began walking on streets of gold with Jesus. Last Tuesday my wife and I went out to their house to see them and their family. We all sang our favorite hymns and praise songs. The presence of Jesus filled the room. We had guitars and bass to back us up and cover up when we forgot the words.

After spending a night like that, you reevaluate what's really important. We get caught up in the immediate situation and get frustrated when things seem wrong. We say things we don't mean or shouldn't say. We think on things that we can do better with. Sometimes we need to step back and look at the situation. Learn what's absolutely important and don't be offended so easily.

I believe Jesus laughed a lot with His disciples when they got a little tense. So He simply said 'Seek first the kingdom of God and God's righteousness.' Stop worrying, you'll get what you need. People get way wrapped up in fear of not getting whatever. Hey! If God thinks you need it or can handle it, He wants to give it to you. I really enjoy my Goldwing and I asked God for it. He gave me the wisdom to get it with cash a few years ago. Did I need it? No. But I believe I live in the 'favor of God'.

But what is truly important in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, family, and friends. I was taught a few years ago to prioritize in this order:

1. God

2. Wife and family

3. work

4. friends and interests

Anytime those get out of order, trouble starts. Sure those do blur at times and God gives us people to show us our errors. He also sent us His Spirit to guide us and teach us what is really important. It's not things that are important. It's Jesus, family, and friends.

Mt 16:26 -
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

When Howard Hughes was buried, he left it all behind. When you die, you don't take anything with you. Death is only a door into the rest of your future. Choose Christ and live eternally with laughter and singing and the wonders of Jesus Christ. If you think you have a long time to decide, you don't. If you don't choose Christ, you will spend eternity in the lake of fire. To me it's a 'no brainer'. My friend James will see his wife again in heaven. He really loves Jesus too. Nette loves Jesus even more now, and she's right there with Him in Paradise.

Are you going to heaven? It's all by grace that we are saved through faith in Jesus Christ. Do yourself a favor and ask Him to forgive you of all your sins. He will. Ask Him to come into your heart and save you from hell. He will. Then go to a good alive church. Get a modern Bible and start reading in John. Also, talk to Jesus. Then learn how to listen to His still small voice.

I hope you had a great fourth of July and your throttle hand didn't get burned. Have a fantastic week! I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : What's Important

Post by actionpack on July 13th 2014, 5:19 pm

thanks dino , i'v lost both my parents and 2 sisters to that mean old cancer , wasn't much fun watching them fade away in body , just bones and flesh and a brain that wondered why me , thankfully they all accepted jesus grace , there up there waiting for me  TU 

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on July 14th 2014, 1:08 pm

you are a good man Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on July 15th 2014, 8:04 pm

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist on July 19th 2014, 10:51 pm

Thanks guys. I do read and appreciate your comments. BH is one of my favorite forums.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on July 20th 2014, 6:35 am

Psalmist wrote:Thanks guys. I do read and appreciate your comments. BH is one of my favorite forums.
I agree with you Dino about BH.  Just wish it was more active.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top