Sunday Mornin' Hope : Sturgis again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Sturgis again

Post by Psalmist on July 27th 2014, 6:44 am

Matthew 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

For the past five years some friends and I have ridden our bikes to Sturgis South Dakota. Yes we actually ride them. Sturgis is mecca or the homeland for many bikers. Some estimate over 500,000 bikers come through in a two week period. Why?

Sturgis is a sleepy little town of maybe 10,000 people and one main street. It has two exits and one McDonalds. The people there are very friendly and the weather is generally fantastic. The highs are usually in the low eighties and the lows are in the sixties at night. Some people come to Sturgis for the party. I enjoy seeing God's incredible creation in the mountains and valleys and reconnecting with friends. We have made friends up to Sturgis and throughout our trips. So at all of our stops we stay with friends. Tonight we will be camping at Central Assembly of God in St Joseph, MO. The pastor and his wife are wonderful people. Tomorrow night we will camp at Mahalia's in Huron, S.D. She's only 89 years young. Her family comes up and we have a wonderful evening.

One of our good friends is riding down from Thunder Bay Ontario to join us there. We call him Buffalo Roy. Last year Roy met a buffalo face to face in Custer State Park. This 2000+ lb alpha male didn't enjoy Roy taking video of him so he charged Roy around a tree. Roy ran one way around this big tree and the buffalo ran the other way. They had a real encounter. I hope ol' alpha has forgotten Roy. Hence he has earned the name Buffalo Roy.

There's a restaurant in Hill City that serves one delicious meal, and only one. It's steak and potatoes. If you want chicken or ribs, you're in the wrong place. We have that place on our list along with T shirts, patches and pins from Sturgis. Many people trailer their bikes to Sturgis and park outside of town so they can ride in and act like bikers. To me the journey is the greatest part of the trip and sitting in a cage for eighteen hours is not a bike trip.

We also will meet up with friends in Bailey, CO. and Colorado Springs, and Ellsworth, KS. That to me is one of the highlights of the trip. We're going to be away from our families for about ten days. But our home is so busy with inlaws and outlaws, it might be a few days before they realize grandpa is chasing buffalo again.

You too are on a journey and it's called life. At some point you will come to an exit called "Eternity". We ride into eternity based upon our choice to love and follow Jesus Christ. That off ramp will lead to one destination or another. Choosing not to live for Jesus will result in judgment and eternal separation in the lake of fire of hell. But choosing Jesus Christ means an eternity of peace, joy, and love with family and friends and most of all Jesus Christ. When I get their I hope I'm assigned to messenger duty. I want to keep on riding. To see other Earth's up close and galaxies beyond galaxies sounds like a fantastic time. When this short time called life is over, I want to hear my God and Savior say "Well done good and faithful. Enter into the joy of the Lord." I hope and pray you will hear that too.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Mt 25.

Have a super week and get some good riding in. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Sturgis again

Post by actionpack on July 27th 2014, 11:44 am

thanks dino and for all the bikers who make there way to sd , enjoy your trip and be safe  Cool 

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8603

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on July 28th 2014, 7:27 am

Thanks Dino. Ride safe my friend.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2798

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on July 29th 2014, 9:48 am

Have a great trip Dino. My buddy is headed out there for his 21st year in a row. He is 76 ... drives an ultra glide and camps out on the way out and back. Yeah ... he rides the whole way out and back ... no trailor

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top