Sunday Mornin' Hope : Overwhelmed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Overwhelmed

Post by Psalmist on August 16th 2014, 8:22 pm

Ps 61:2 -
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

I often wonder where people go or what they do in a crisis. When things like the Ferguson,MO situation take place in their back yard or the unrest around the world. Where do people go? Where do you go? There is so much hatred and violence rising up right now. People are doing things that they wouldn't consider doing in the past. Children have become pawns and objects of abuse at a rising rate. On and on in every home families are under attack. Some of it is selfish, some of it is demonic. There have been times lately when I come home and shut off the phone or don't answer them.

When I am overwhelmed, I go to Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can calm our storms. Where do you go when you are overwhelmed with all of life's situations? Some like to go for a ride on their bike. It's called 'cycle-therapy'. It seems to work pretty good at times also. When you need to get some fresh air and think things out, a nice ride through Wyoming will do a guy good.

We (four guys) just came back from a 12 day trip through 8 states. It was so awesome. I never thought that Wyoming would impress me the way it did. The mountains were really majestic and the temps were cool. We stopped so many times for pics, we took more than we should have. Nah, the journey was as important as the destinations. I actually enjoyed the ride from Sturgis to Yellowstone more than I did Yellowstone itself. The people and all were amazing. Yes, the buffalo in Yellowstone were pretty cool. But I've been close enough to them to last a lifetime. Again on this trip they were feet from my bike. They were the welcoming party for us as we came into Custer State Park. Buffalo Roy got his camera full of these incredible creatures. Next year, we might stay somewhere else. But it's just hard to beat $10/night with the cool temps.

Maybe if Robin Williams had Jesus and a motorcycle, he might still be here. I was shocked at the news of his passing. We grew up with him and watched so many of his movies and Mork.. Unfortunately he became overwhelmed with depression and it turned inward. We all have battles and things raging against us. There is someone you can turn to. Jesus Christ. He calms storms or takes you thru them. I wish Robin had gone for a ride with us and trusted Jesus for his situation. Being a Christian doesn't always make every day perfect. There are still things we have to deal with. BUT, it sure is a lot easier. And owning/riding a bike just adds to the fun in life.

Are you overwhelmed? Do you feel like giving up? Are you at the end of your rope? Step back from the situation and ask Jesus to help you. "In all your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your paths." "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." So when you can go no farther and you are so frustrated, step back and give it to Jesus. "Cast all your cares upon Him, He cares for you." If devils can fill you with stress and depression they will. "Give no place to the devil." Don't give any room for them to effect your day or mood. Be super careful what you say about your self. "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." Let the Word of God be in your heart and on your lips. "I CAN do all things thru Christ which strengthens me."

Have a great week and remember I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Overwhelmed

Post by actionpack on August 17th 2014, 2:42 pm

thanks dino , glad you had a great trip out west

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on August 19th 2014, 10:34 am

thanks Dino ... it never hurts to have that reminder ...

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top