Sunday Mornin' Hope : I saw you

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I saw you

Post by Psalmist on August 23rd 2014, 3:03 pm

Back in the 70's there was movie called "A Star is Born" with Kris Kristofferson and Barbara Streisand. One of the big songs from the move was called "Watch Closely Now". Kris sang it first, then after his accidental death Barbara sang it. The movie must've impressed me because he had a motorcycle and the music was good. One of the lines in the song says "Are you watching me now?" Well I don't know where they are now, but I do know people are watching you and me constantly.

Paul said in Philippians 3:17 "17 Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us."

What are people seeing in you as they watch your daily life? Or, What are you saying in your sleep? I get a kick out of listening to my kids talk in their sleep. Sometimes I will try to get into the conversations and ask them hard questions, but they usually wake up. Your family and friends are watching you and that's a compliment. They say and do things just like you. Some of my kids love pickles just like me. All seven are very musically talented. Last Father's Day they all played and sang with me in church. That was one of the highlights of the year for me. I know I'm partial and biased, but they were really good. We looked like the Partridge Family. I can't wait for next Father's Day to do it again.

Peter wrote: 1Pe 2:21 -For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

So don't be surprised when you suffer for being a Christian. There are thousands of Christians in Iraq being slaughtered right now for their faith. We really don't know what it's like to suffer for being a Christian. A song once said "If you were arrested for being a Christian; would there be enough evidence to convict you?" People are watching what you do and DON'T say. Sometimes it's best not to say anything, but love those around you. Love those in WalMart and at the gas pumps. Be a do-er of the Word and a giver of peace and love.

I totally love to go to Sam's on Friday's. At first it was a drudgery because it's so big and I hate shopping. I can be in an out of WalMart before 'Stairway to Heaven' is over. I know where the oil, anti freeze, and filters are. Anyway, I started taking some of the younger guys with me to Sam's to get supplies for the church. As we passed the janitor aisle, one of my 'posse' took off and went to pray for an elderly couple. Then as we approached the cups, another of my friends started praying with some other shoppers. I just smiled and agreed in prayer with them. More is caught than taught. As I found others and struck up a conversation with them, I asked them if I could pray for them. Most of the time they said "YES! Please. I have this situation going on......" How's this for an opener "What do you want from God?" I prayed God would bless and guide them. Now, some of the workers at Sam's scold us for taking too much time shopping before getting to them. One cashier said to us "What took you guys so long? I saw you coming in..." People need and want God's blessing. One guy that works there is David. He didn't want any prayer and explained why. Yet he followed us to the register and we laughed about our kids situations. Some days you just scatter seeds. I hope to see David next week. Joy is a contagious infection.

I hope when people watch you, they smile because you're near. Take the time to listen to them and enjoy life's ride. Just when I thought I heard it all, someone yesterday told me that they fly into Sturgis and pick up their bikes there from a friend's trailer! The journey is better than the destination. Along the way of life God will send you people and test your metal. He's watching you and smiling. Give grace and mercy like He does. By grace we are saved through faith in Jesus Christ. Have a fantastic week and get some serious riding in. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : I saw you

Post by actionpack on August 23rd 2014, 7:41 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on August 26th 2014, 10:58 am

TU TU TU

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on August 28th 2014, 7:02 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top