Sunday Mornin' Hope : Remember when?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Remember when?

Post by Psalmist on November 8th 2014, 5:48 pm

Ps 68:33 -
To Him who rides upon the highest heavens, which are from ancient times; Behold, He speaks forth with His voice, a mighty voice.

Do you remember when.............? We have a habit of looking back to the 'good ol' days', and why not? Do you remember your first crush on someone or was it something? In first grade her name was Linda Alto in Taconite Minnesota. I got to grade her paper in class. I gave her triple A+. I didn't even look at her answers. One day I got real bold and put my mat near hers for naptime. That must've been kindergarten. Yup those were the days. Now those kids are made to study biophysics. I cant even spell the word.

Remember your first bicycle? With five brothers and sisters mounted on that old Schwinn we headed down the main street hill. Unfortunately at the bottom of the hill was an angled railroad track crossing. You guessed it. That was a one time stupid idea. But MAN! was it fun.

Remember your first motorcycle or motorcycle ride? You thought you were Bronson or Evil Knievel . Your biggest problem was there was no financial backers for your stupid stunts. So when you broke ___________, it was some time before you got another. My brother and I went on a small Sears bike for a ride near sundown on a dirt/gravel road. One problem, there was no headlight and the sun was about down when we hit a corner. Did I say 'hit'? No we flew into it and over it and the bike muffler came down on our legs. But OH! what a ride. Twenty years later I got my first huge bike while in college. It was a 1974 Yamaha 200. I thought I had arrived. To slow down or stop I just sat up. To go highway speeds I laid down on the tank. Laying down on the tank near Branson I reached near 60 mph. It was a record for me. My helmet had a full face shield for extreme protection. I saw a june bug coming at me about 2 seconds before impact. It almost cracked my face shield and eardrums. Those were the days.

My wife asked her mom (while on college break) "Do you think these will look good on a bike?" When I first took Patty out, it was on that little Yamaha. We were bikers for sure. It was true love. Her parents offered to us their car keys. It was the greatest night of my life besides my salvation in Jesus. Thirty three years later we're still riding together. But the bike is a lot bigger. I did catch a large bug last week in my helmet and I remembered that ride 30+ years ago.

The greatest memory I have is when I totally gave my heart to serve Jesus Christ. There's no turning back now. I look forward to what He has for my life. I keep telling Him He doesn't need me yet, and He keeps me healthy for another day. Some day I'm going to ride to be with Him. I hope and pray you will too. For some they think they have a long time and miss the ride. Will you ride with me? He's calling out to us right now "Will you ride with Me?" Just say "Yes Lord, I'll ride with you."

Have a great week and get some serious riding in. Make sure your headlight is working. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Remember when?

Post by trip on November 8th 2014, 10:31 pm

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on November 9th 2014, 4:28 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top