Sunday Mornin' Hope : BAH! HUMBUG!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : BAH! HUMBUG!

Post by Psalmist on December 7th 2014, 6:55 am

Isa 9:6 -
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Our Sunday school class had the privilege of singing Christmas carols today at a small nursing home. While we were singing I looked over at my wife holding a friend's baby and singing. This little boy came into the world at 30 weeks weighing 2 pounds. The next day he dropped to 1lb 8oz. Now after 5 months he weighs a healthy 7.5 lbs.

Little Joseph Kirk Vearrier will take the 'humbug' out of anyone he comes near. Joseph means 'May God grant increase' and Kirk means 'church'. Looking into the eyes of one who by the grace of God is still with us really puts a smile on your face. He's just a miracle in motion.

So what brings out the Grinch in people? Greed and overspending will definitely sour your heart. Some of you might work in retail and see the darkside of the holiday season. What do you do about it? Sometimes you really want to say something to the customers about the sale price. When I had my store I really got tired of Christmas. A lady saw a special I had going on a guitar/amp combination. The price was already marked way down. She said "Can you do any better on this price?" I smiled "Yes! I can go up."

If you watch any tv you will see these incredible computer games with super strong invincible characters. Some come up out the Earth and are clad in metal that can't be broken or penetrated except by nuclear warheads. Overhead is flying these strange machines and it all looks 3D. The noises almost blow your speakers and the action is fast. There's even a rating for "teens only" to play this because of the graphic violence. Is it any wonder there is such a rise in violence today?

When Jesus came to Earth to give us life He could've come in with lightning angels. He had the power to vaporize the Roman Empire and set up a new kingdom. But He didn't. As He watched the slaughter of babies by Rome He could've breathed fire and destroyed every soldier. With the movement of His hand He could've moved Italy off the map. But He had a plan before the foundations of the Earth. He came to give His life for you and me. He paid the price of our sins. WHY? Because of love. That's why we have free choice. We don't go to heaven automatically or because of any good works. His kindnesses lead us to repentance. It's our choice to surrender everything to Him or die in it. Jesus came as a little baby to a poor carpenter and his wife. Since His birth, all we've seen is His humiliation. He lived suffered and died. He rose again in such a quiet way, even his disciples didn't believe it. But OH when He comes back. No Hollywood director could begin to script the special effects of color and sound. Oh and the speed? Blink your eyes and it's over. But then the battle of Armageddon takes place and won't can't describe it.

I hope you decide during this Christmas season to ask Jesus into your heart and live and die for Him. Just ask Him to come and forgive your sins and live inside your heart. He will. He said in Revelation He would.

Re 3:20 -
`Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Have a fantastic week and do some awesome shopping. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : BAH! HUMBUG!

Post by actionpack on December 7th 2014, 8:44 am

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8603

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on December 7th 2014, 7:05 pm

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2798

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on December 9th 2014, 5:24 am

thanks Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top