Sunday Mornin' Hope : Chris

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Chris

Post by Psalmist on December 20th 2014, 5:43 pm

Isa 58:14 - Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

It's really hard to explain HOW good God is. If I say "He's this good.." I can't measure it because He's better than that. So that measure is needing to add a bunch of zeros to begin to get close. But it will still not quite make it. How good is God? The answer is "YES! He sure is." He's so much gooder than everything and anything combined. Last week I was blessed with a VTX 1800 Neo. I can't explain all the details but I named it Chris after a great friend and Christmas. Maybe Isaiah was a biker when he wrote that verse. Well not really, but just work with me. If we delight in the Lord, He will cause us to ride upon the high places of the earth. But what does it mean to delight In the Lord? Are we good enough to delight Him and make Him laugh? YES! I probably just lost a few of you, so let me try and explain.
A few weeks ago my grand daughter took her first steps in our house. She was screaming as she walked to her mom, but not as loud as we were. She took maybe six steps and we felt like she just won the Olympic 440. It was fantastic. As excited as we were, so is God about us. He must be shouting and dancing when we do something right!!!

There's a verse in the Bible that says He dances over us with singing. It's a Hebrew word "yagil' which means a wonderful violent dance. When you learn to walk by faith and not by sight, it might be just a few steps. But God sees them as HUGE! It's line upon line precept upon precept, glory to glory. Your biggest critic is that guy in the mirror. If God wants to dance over you, He's going to. He prepares a table before you in the presence of His enemies just to show off that He can do whatever He wants and bless you as much as He wants. Isn't it fun to delight in Him. He makes me giggle in bed. I hear Him say "What do you want?" My cup overflows. He sees your 16 oz cup and has 24+ oz to pour into it. When your cup is full to the top, He keeps on pouring. That's called blessing. He just smiles at your accusers an keeps pouring. It's all about Grace and amazing grace.

When you delight totally in Him, He will cause you to ride. You will ride not just in the valleys or the plains of Kansas. You will ride to Pike's Peak and the Black Hills of South Dakota. But He doesn't stop there. He's going to feed you buffalo steak. Last week I was treated to a filet mignon medium done. It was the biggest juiciest, most yummy thing I have ever eaten and it wasn't cheap. But that was a frozen burger compared to what God has in store for us. I believe He waits by the phone in heaven for you to ask Him. The Bible says we can come boldly before the throne of grace. I hope you do it this week.

I hope this Christmas I the best ever for you. Enjoy feeding the hopeless and homeless. Take the time to pray with and for them. Make it a memory for someone. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Chris

Post by actionpack on December 21st 2014, 6:00 pm

thanks dino ,

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on December 23rd 2014, 9:34 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top