Sunday Mornin' Hope : Getting older

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Getting older

Post by Psalmist on January 3rd 2015, 6:45 pm

Before anyone thinks I'm calling them "OLD", adjust your quadfocals and see I wrote "older'. Getting older has its perks and problems. The print on bottles has become pretty squiggly lines. I don't think the words were that small when we were growing up. Maybe they don't really want us to know what's in them bottles. It seems today's TV's have gotten much bigger, brighter, and lighter, but the speakers are almost non existent. That way they can sell us a stereo to make the news and weather easier to hear. No we're not going deaf, things have gotten softer in our ears.

Ps 34:1 - I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Now is the time for us to take authority over our emotions and reactions. When something goes really wrong, we can just put on a big smile and say "I was hoping it was going there." Some years ago there was a movie called "Grumpy Old Men". In it were these two guys that were just that, old sourpusses. Nothing was right for them and they showed it. Now that I'm aging and taking longer to ....... just about everything, I'm going to do it with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. When it comes to smiling, make sure you put your partials or dentures in and not your wife's. They don't fit the same. You might get cravings for espresso and down deep you hate coffee.

I thank God we have a big family. Now they can climb the ladder and do the gutters and Christmas lights. For them, getting on the roof is a new adventure. I haven't found the key to showing them the joy of raking leaves yet. They don't like that . There's gotta be some kind of game we can invent with 30 bags of leaves. Maybe giant checkers?

So here we are in 2015! Wow it seems like yesterday we were storing water in our closet for Y2K and "Seasons in the Sun" was playing in our cassette player. So we have the right to bless the Lord at ALL times. Even when you can't find your favorite 10mm socket or the spark plugs you were going to change out, now you have a legitimate reason to ride to the Auto Zone and wander. How do you bless the Lord? With a song or prayer of thanks and praise. You bless Him by giving to Him and others. Does God need anything of yours? Probably not. He just wants to show you what's important to you. Do you own the bike or does it own you? You really find out its value when you lay it down two ways. The insurance will decide a low number and your heart will remind you 'It's not the bike that matters.'

Let His praise continually be in your mouth. This year learn to help people just a little bit longer. Take the time to reach out to the one standing alone in the crowd. Encourage people and pray for them everywhere you go. Enjoy 2015. Make it an event!!

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Getting older

Post by trip on January 3rd 2015, 8:36 pm

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on January 4th 2015, 4:03 pm

I don't no who thought up the golden years , but they were nuts , can't pee straight , got no hair , my body feels the years , my mind has went bye bye , can't see , can't hear , and can't back up in time , I'm stuck with bad luck , but thanks to the Lord , I have a reason to get up and join the ranks of the golden years club everyday , thanks dino , good message

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on January 5th 2015, 5:57 am

Dino I don't know what we would do without you. You are my "counter weight" to all the "Crap" we have to put up with in this world. Thank you my friend .... Happy New Year and may GOD bless and keep you here with us.

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on January 5th 2015, 7:03 am

NeonLeon wrote:Dino I don't know what we would do without you. You are my "counter weight" to all the "Crap" we have to put up with in this world. Thank you my friend .... Happy New Year and may GOD bless and keep you here with us.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top