Sunday Mornin' Hope : Big D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Big D

Post by Psalmist on January 10th 2015, 7:07 pm

Matthew 25: 34"Then the King will say to those on his right, "Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. 35And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,

36I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'

There are people in our lives That God sends to show us His wonderful love. They do things for you unexpectedly when no one is looking. You just want to pinch them and see if they're real or angels. We usually forget to thank them and then they're gone.

Last week I was sick in the ER at a local hospital for almost six hours. This friend of mine Big D called and texted me several times while I was there. I don't even know how he knew I was there. He was busy at another church in town and yet took the time to check on me several times. He is definitely a man of God with a heart that cares about others. He probably does this all the time at his own church.

I remember last summer I was in the hospital for a few days and he came by and sat with me for what seemed like hours. I asked him why he was there. He could be in so many other places and his church is bigger than mine. Surely he was needed more there. I don't remember what he said except that he didn't leave for some time. Someone said "Don't tell me you love me, show me." This guy lives that quote.

Learn to spend your time with others. If they are in the hospital, GO there and just be a friend. Words are cheap, actions are strong. I'm not where I want to be on this one, but I hope I'm getting closer. When I die, I want to be totally spent. I want to learn to hear the cry between the words "I'm ok."

It's been a great week of talking to people and praying for them. I got the privilege of getting Geico insurance over the phone from a lady. After all the business was done I asked her if I could pray for her. She replied "OH WOW!" I was surprised at her response and asked her why she said this. She said "No one has ever offered to pray for me before." You will be amazed at how many people want you to pray for them. This world is full of needy people. Listen to the Spirit and ask them everywhere if you can pray for them. Have a great week. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Big D

Post by trip on January 11th 2015, 6:46 am

Thanks Dino. Just a few minutes of our time can mean so much to someone else.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on January 11th 2015, 5:11 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down