Sunday Mornin' Hope : Wanna race?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Wanna race?

Post by Psalmist on January 17th 2015, 6:32 pm

Pr 4:12 -When you walk, your steps will not be impeded; And if you run, you will not stumble.

Isa 40:31 -Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

A few days ago one of our doorknobs busted in someone's hands. It's funny how often these things happen when our kids are near, but that's a whole other post. That night one of my sons and I went to LOWES to get a few more, just in case we have a rash of doorknobs breaking, we'll be ready. LOWES is a big place if you're tired or sore from walking. I put my arm around my young son and he helped me walk across the mammoth stadium of tools and doorknobs. He asked me if I needed a cane. I guess I was leaning harder than I thought. You don't notice your walk or pain until someone mentions it. Have you ever noticed the common things you need most are in the furthest aisle? I'm glad they don't sell milk like WalMart. We would be walking into the next county or state.

Being a wannabe handyman I got my tools and went to work once we got home. Forget the directions, I have a picture.... and I'm a man. Someone famous said "Men go out to battle and women plan weddings." or something like that. I knew I could beat this door problem with parts to spare. I always have spare parts. Spare parts are for those who need to try it again after breaking something. Fortunately for me it actually worked the first time. Of course everyone was afraid to lock this bathroom door the first time. I don't know why. Maybe cuz dad fixed it.

That night I had a dream of heaven. I was on a big playground with a bunch of friends. We were all in our teens and twenties. I was young again and running nowhere and everywhere. I turned to the rest of my friends and asked "You wanna race?" and off we sprinted. I woke up with the coolest feeling. It was one of those dreams you wish would never stop. My wife says she can get back into a dream after waking up. Not me, it's over once I wake up. I really enjoyed running again. No one was breathless or limping. We were all young.

The Bible talks a lot about God's kindness and mercy.

Ps 117:2 - For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Ps 119:76 -Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.

Sometimes when we are low, God show us His kindness in dreams or warm sunny days in the middle of winter. As one who loves to ride, I was on my bike today in 62 degrees!!! Today is January 17th and God gave us a beautiful summer in the middle of winter. He's so kind. We're about out of firewood, but my bike has new shoes and around a half tank of gas left. God is good all the time. Have a fantastic week and get some riding in. Or if you're up north, start up that Skidoo! I'm really praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Wanna race?

Post by trip on January 18th 2015, 7:17 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on January 18th 2015, 10:44 am

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down