Sunday Mornin' Hope : You make the difference!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : You make the difference!

Post by Psalmist on January 24th 2015, 7:52 pm

Col 1:27 - to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Eph 2:10 -For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Yesterday we drove to Duck Dynasty's place called Duck Commander in West Monroe, LA. It was a nice building with lots of duck calls and T shirts. There was a lot of product there for sale. We saw the motorhome they use and Phil's first tools used to make the duck calls. We did the usual photo shoots by the places we've seen in the shows like the sign etc. As we drove away I was kinda bumming. We didn't see anyone from the tv show. It was just a large store full of quacking hunters. The 'boys' were all in Vegas at a show. I guess I was expecting to see Willie behind his desk or Jase bringing in a bucket of frogs. I thought Si might yell "Hey! Jack." So off we drove to our destination for the night. I realized it's not places but people that make life awesome.

It's you that changes the day from boring to cool or vise versa. Many people look up to you because of one reason or another. I look up to anyone that can turn a wrench or pic a guitar better than me (and that's not hard). I enjoy talking about the Word of God with others who cherish their relationship with Christ. Watching my family in worship is off the charts. It's about people. My biggest pet peeves (why are they called pets?) is seeing people at lunch or dinner with their cell phones in hand. The person you are with is more important than anything or anyone else. Have you ever been in a private meeting and the person starts working on something else while you're talking to them? You might as well stop talking and leave the room. They're already gone.

I hope we can learn the value of people and turn our own world's around. It's Christ in us the hope of glory. Can you imagine Jesus welcoming you into heaven then ignoring you because someone 'more important' was coming. Jesus took the time to listen to children and poor people. He wasn't impressed with popular leaders. He took the time to listen to you when you asked Him into your heart. He didn't put you on hold. One of my medicine suppliers calls me with an automated machine and puts me on hold until they are ready. There should be a law against such.

One of my biker friends and my mom's sister went home to Jesus this week. How awesome is that! I'm a little jealous yet rejoice for them. The late Andre Crouch wrote/sang "Soon and very soon we are going to see the King." We are all going to heaven very soon, but not all will stay. I hope you are planning to stay. My biker friend gave his heart to Jesus recently and I saw the most wonderful change in his life. He was changed inside out. It was just his time to go home. I had the privilege of talking to him a week before he left. We're going to ride again together soon. My mom's sister was and is a wonderful Christian too. She's more alive now than ever before. She could sing and play the guitar like Dottie Rambo. She's probably in the angel band in heaven.

What are you doing to make a difference in other peoples lives? WE are God's workmanship to do good works for Him. Are you serving Him and talking about Him all the time? Do people see a difference when they look at you. Do you sound like Jesus in your speech? What a wonderful opportunity we have everyday to serve Him. You are a miracle and every day is a gift from God. Make the difference in someone's life this week. Go out of your way to listen a little longer and love a little stronger.

Tomorrow some of my family and I will leaving the port of New Orleans for a few days. I may or may not be able to post next week. Be blessed and I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : You make the difference!

Post by trip on January 24th 2015, 9:41 pm

Thanks Dino. Praying you have a good trip.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2799

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on January 25th 2015, 9:33 am

thanks dino , have a good vacation

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8604

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on January 26th 2015, 11:46 am

thanks Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top