Tuesday Mornin' Hope : What is truth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuesday Mornin' Hope : What is truth?

Post by Psalmist on February 3rd 2015, 12:49 am

John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." 37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." 38 Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, "I find no guilt in Him."

Last week we were given a cruise to the Bahamas and Florida Keys. While we were in Freeport we rented some Yamaha scooters for the day. They were so much fun! Another couple from Toronto and another ship tagged along with us. At one point they were in the lead and I noticed their rear tire wasn't true to the bike. At every bump it would squeak. They did make it back to the ship, but I'm sure that bike was a bear to ride.

Maybe 'true' is sometimes a mechanical term that means it has to be right. Oxford explains it this way:

ADJECTIVE

adjective: true · comparative adjective: truer · superlative adjective: truest

1.in accordance with fact or reality:

"a true story"

synonyms: correct · accurate · right · verifiable ·
in accordance with the facts · what actually/really happened · well documented

"he has guessed my true intentions"

•said when conceding a point in argument or discussion:

"true, it faced north, but you got used to that"

2.accurate or exact:

"it was a true depiction"

(of a note) exactly in tune.

•(of a compass bearing) measured relative to true north:

"steer 085 degrees true"

•correctly positioned, balanced, or aligned; upright or level.

ADVERB

adverb: true

1.truly:

"Hobson spoke truer than he knew"

2.accurately or without variation.

bring (an object, wheel, or other construction) into the exact shape, alignment, or position required.

So there are many definitions of 'true'. Pilate recognized Jesus was true and stayed up all night trying to release Him from the crucifixion. Jesus spoke truth. He said 'I am the way, truth and life." He promised to send us the Spirit of truth to lead us and comfort us.

The Bible is still just as alive today because of the truth in it. This truth never changes. Many books have been written but only one makes its way to the Holiday Inn night stand. Because it's true.

I remember a line in a Jack Nicholson movie where the quote was "You can't handle the truth!" Are you living in the truth or living a lie? Only you know for sure. Let's hope we all live and walk in the truth. Those who live lies usually end up hurting themselves. If you made a mistake own up to it and try again.

There once were two kings David and Saul. David made many bad decisions but owned up to them. God loved David so much He called him 'A man after mine own heart.' Saul couldn't own up to his mistakes and committed suicide. David later was known in the New Testament and Jesus 'father'. Jesus was called "Son of David" many times. Of course this is many generations later.

When we deal with strangers on bike forums and Ebay, it's our hope that they are being truthful. I just got some saddlebags in and there was very little packing on them. The saddlebags are broken and the key is bent. The mounting hardware is missing. I hope the seller will be true and refund what I gave them.

I hope you're having a great week and staying warm and dry. Sorry this is late. I got home Sunday night. I had made a post Saturday night to Facebook but it was lost in space off the coast of Florida. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday Mornin' Hope : What is truth?

Post by trip on February 3rd 2015, 8:02 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2810

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on February 4th 2015, 7:22 pm

thanks dino , sounds like a good time was had on your trip

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top