Sunday Mornin' Hope : Compared to what?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Compared to what?

Post by Psalmist on February 28th 2015, 5:48 pm

Mt 7:1 -"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

Lu 6:37 - "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

I remember when Kawasaki first brought out the 1300 tourer. It was ginormous!! It had a Texas sized radiator and a 7500 gallon gas tank. You could circle the Earth 60 times before the reserve light came on. And if it did come on, there would be a black hole in the stratosphere of Biblical proportions. It did the quarter mile in .... that was it (less than a second). The stereo was Bose with two 18" subs in each saddlebag. There's a rumor that Jimmy Hoffa was crammed into one side.

Okay cabin fever has taken over and I want to ride. Compared to what? We constantly are in the battle of comparing things, people and dogs. We're born with it. "Well! my daddy can...." We used to say that growing up. I guess many had amazing dads while growing up. Now a 1300cc bike is mid sized and giant is 1800 cc Honda wings and VTX bikes. The super cruiser today is a Triumph with a 2400cc motor! My little Toyota Corona in 77 had a smaller displacement than that. Back in those days we were mostly on CB750 K's and touring meant you found some Bate's bags somewhere.

Coming home today in Arkansas from my kids' BBall tournament we hit some snow. Someone was forecasting a giant blizzard of 3 possibly 5 inches of snow!! You guys up north laugh at that, like it's a wimpy June snow shower. Five inches? My family was frightened like we were going to die. I was raised in Northern Minnesota, Michigan, and Canada. Up there school was called only after three feet/hour was forecasted and Bill Palomaki couldn't find his snow chains. I guess it's all what you're used to. And Yes we do get ice on our roads which can make it hard to drive over 70 on the highway (so I'm told).

Jesus told us not to judge one another. Most people are just trying to get by. Have you ever gotten frustrated with someone that took your parking space? It had your name reserved on it and some loser stole it from you!! Then they got out into a wheel chair. Learn to prefer one another and cut them some slack.

Ro 12:10 - Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Some days are easier to do this than others. But begin by listening better and giving up your rights. If someone says something stupid or wrong, don't be the first to comment or laugh. Instead, move along like they were right. Most of what we say is NOT critical to someone's life. Don't let the comparing game rise up in you. You want to have some fun? Start listening to others and their needs. Take the time to pray with them. I love the shock on people's faces when we ask them "What do you want from God?" If they're not on a first name basis with Him, this will get them closer for sure. Have a fantastic week! I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Compared to what?

Post by trip on February 28th 2015, 9:38 pm

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2737

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on March 1st 2015, 8:15 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8531

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on March 1st 2015, 8:41 pm

Thanks Dino ...

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7143

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top