Sunday Mornin' Hope : So this is what love feels like

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : So this is what love feels like

Post by Psalmist on March 14th 2015, 7:47 pm

Heb 12:2 - Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

You know how it is when you're in love with someone, not much else matters. You just want to be with them. So you set out to get with them or them to you. I'm that way with my family. I just hate being away from them for more than a day. Thank God we have these new fangled tele' phones that have moving pictures on them. It's almost as good as holding them in your arms.

My wife and kids left out Wednesday for Spfld, MO for a home school nationals basketball tournament. I stayed here and got to missing them right away. Their games were going great. One of our teams was playing Friday for first place NATIONALS!! That was a major draw, but being with Patty and family was the ultimate draw.

After worship team practice I jumped on the bike with my medicine and rain suit about 7 pm Thursday night. It rained almost the whole way (three hours). It was dark and there was quite a bit of road construction. The highway had potholes the size of Sturgis for about 30 miles. These were big holes and you couldn't see them coming. They were in the construction zone and the roads were curvy with lines that vanished from time to time. It was cold and my waterproof boots held water very well. I thought to myself "Self, so this is what love feels like."

When you love someone who loves you, there's a magnet to be together. Jesus endured the cross. It wasn't a moment of struggle and embarrassment. It was total shame and maximum pain. Our paintings show Jesus on the cross with a few scratches on His body and holes in His forehead. He's usually wrapped in a clean white towel for His midsection. I don't think any of that even comes close. The thorns were approximately 3-6 inches long. His face and body were so ripped up by the whips, He was unrecognizable. The whips had nails, broken glass, and sharp stones in them to pull the flesh from the body. He hung naked on the cross set up on a hill just outside the city for everyone to see. He endured the cross despising the shame, because of the joy that was set before Him. What joy? The joy of seeing you and I in heaven together with Him. He wants us to have everlasting life, not everlasting death. But you have to choose. You will have everlasting one or the other.

So what do we do? It's found in the previous verse:

Hebrews 12:11 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Let go of the sin and RUN with patience this race called life. Lay aside all those things that will distract you from knowing Jesus. People are too busy these days. They go to lunch and talk/text their time away when someone very important is right in front of them. Sometimes I really hate cell phones. It's like a thief. Turn the stupid thing off when you're with someone you love. Whatever it is will wait. Someday they will be gone and you're going to regret you spent so much time, wasted so much time try to please someone else. Take the time and love them without distractions. Have a great week . I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : So this is what love feels like

Post by actionpack on March 15th 2015, 5:33 pm

thanks dino ,

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8530

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on March 16th 2015, 5:33 am

Thanks Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7141

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on March 16th 2015, 5:37 am

Amen. Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2737

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top