Sunday Mornin' Hope : Letting go

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Letting go

Post by Psalmist on March 21st 2015, 7:13 pm

Joh 12:24 -Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

It seems that Jesus shows us examples for a season and a reason. It's up to us to receive and understand what He's saying in these times. There are times when it seems right to do something but deep down you have hesitations and the peace of God is nowhere near. In those times, it's best to back up and wait for His perfect timing and will.

Sometime ago I was counseling a couple who were having trouble connecting. One felt very unworthy because of rejection from a previous relationship. When someone close to you rejects you, you first tend to blame yourself. 'If I'd only done this or that. If I'd said or didn't say this or that, they might still be here.' On and on you can beat yourself up trying to fix something that's gone. It's time to move on and start again. Someone said "You can't fix stupid." and that is so true.

Phillipians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let go of those things that are behind you and press forward. If there's a mountain in front of you, begin walking one step at a time. Some time ago some friends and I were in Phoenix at a large church. It's backyard consisted of a small mountain. After being diagnosed cancer stage four, I felt I needed to climb this mountain and talk to God. With pain shooting down my legs and feeling weak, I pushed on up the rocky path. Many times I stopped and saw several turn around before getting to the top. I was determined. God was waiting for me at the top. A few times I slipped on loose rock and skinned my hands, but I had an appointment with God. What some did in a half hour took me well over an hour. After reaching the top I felt the presence of God in a new way. We talked openly and I learned to listen better. It's much easier to hear God when no one else is talking. I made a friend that day with a young guy from a band called "Press Play". What a great name.

We need to press 'play' when nothing makes sense. Listen to and read God's word for your answers. Tell those around you what a wonderful gift they are in your life. Walk in His peace and by all means, keep walking. Those seeds may die, but they will bring forth much fruit in time. Let go of previous failures and forgive those who've done you wrong. Then get up and climb your mountain. Have a fantastic week! I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Letting go

Post by trip on March 22nd 2015, 5:56 am

Letting go of the past is very hard at times but you cant move on until you do. Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2799

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on March 22nd 2015, 7:12 am

thanks dino ,

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8604

Back to top Go down