Sunday Mornin' Hope : Reconnecting the dots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Reconnecting the dots

Post by Psalmist on April 4th 2015, 8:35 pm

I'm finding Facebook more amazing all the time. Last year at Christmas we stood in long lines to get the TV's that were on special. The monster TV's even had buttons for Facebook on them. This phenomena has changed the world. I suppose almost everything good and bad can be found within this internet necessity accessory.

Currently I'm writing to a wonderful coach and team that I played on 45 years ago. In that same post are friends from high school (74-77) and friends from a church I attended in the 90's. So here I am trying to remember my passwords and overhead door numbers. When someone recalls...... I usually stare at the screen and think 'Was I even there, or are they confusing me with my brother?' We often get credited for each others stuff. After 7 yrs of chemo, radiation and several surgeries, the ol' brain often doesn't track the same.

So today I posted on FB a picture I had found of our little league team around 70 or 71. Within minutes a guy posted that he was right in front of me in that picture! That to me is pretty amazing. Our coach is posting pictures of us also from a trip we all took to Cinncy' Ohio.

How you treat others will be remembered for a very long time. Sure we've made a few mist.. Okay We've made quite a lot of mistrakes along life's highway. But isn't it great that we tend to remember the wonderful memories and friends the best.

My friend and coach Bill Emblom wasn't just a great coach. He was a great friend too. I remember in the dugout waiting to play. In Northern Michigan it gets cold in those little league dugouts. I would tell coach how cold I was. He would put one of those long hands on my back and one on my chest, then go up and down real fast for five seconds. Immediately I was warm. Thanks Coach.

Matt 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, who, if his son shall ask him for a loaf, will give him a stone; 10 or if he shall ask for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 All things therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, even so do ye also unto them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Learn to be a 'doer' more than a watcher or receiver. Learn to be more like Jesus in giving and listening and loving. Following His example, we learn how to really love.

Joh 15:13 -
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Easter is more than just eggs and rabbits. Jesus died for our sins and He rose again. No one ever died for you before. He willingly laid down His life so we could be forgiven and live forever with Him.

So what are you doing with your facebook page? Is it full of complaints about the gov't or whatever else? Or is it a place of Hope and joy? I hope it's the latter. Let your FB friends find strength and truth and laughter when they read your posts. Have a fantastic Easter! I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Reconnecting the dots

Post by actionpack on April 5th 2015, 11:01 am

thanks dino , hope you and your family have a great day

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8530

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on April 6th 2015, 7:41 am

thank you Dino ... the best to you and yours ... I don't do FaceBook .... I think my wife and I are the last two. Shrug

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7141

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top