Sunday Mornin' Hope : That First Ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : That First Ride

Post by Psalmist on April 25th 2015, 9:28 pm

Da 7:9 -"I kept looking Until thrones were set up, And the Ancient of Days took His seat; His vesture was like white snow And the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne was ablaze with flames, Its wheels were a burning fire.

Tonight my youngest son and I were at a 'cruise night' in a nearby town. I saw my first car (63 Chevy Impala) and my mom's Firebird, plus a lot of super cool cars and trucks. The paint jobs were more expensive than my bike. I enjoyed explaining why some bikes were called 'cruisers' and 'crotch rockets'. Watching all this 'cool' driving and riding by our chairs made me think back to the day of my first bike (83 Yamaha 200 RD).

During college I bought this off a friend for $375. I was a biker. And that was the start of many bikes. Each one was a little bigger than the previous. My wife and I had our first date on that bike. Her parents tried to talk us into taking their car. That wasn't going to happen. Do you remember that first bike you brought home? You were so proud of it. Likely it was a little smaller than the ride you have now. That bike of yours was a 'chick magnet'. They all wanted a ride on your bike. You were Marlin Brando or 'The Fonz'. I think I resembled the fourth guy on 'Wild Hogs' that kept running into things.

God Himself has a set of wheels as recorded on Daniel and Ezekiel:

Eze 10:6 - It came about when He commanded the man clothed in linen, saying, "Take fire from between the whirling wheels, from between the cherubim," he entered and stood beside a wheel.

Eze 10:9 - Then I looked, and behold, four wheels beside the cherubim, one wheel beside each cherub; and the appearance of the wheels was like the gleam of a Tarshish stone.

Eze 10:10 -As for their appearance, all four of them had the same likeness, as if one wheel were within another wheel.

I think there's a good chance of us having wheels in heaven. Heaven is the coolest place and we're going to have so much fun up there. If you like riding twisties or super slabs, it's going to be fantastic up there. We're going to be in a new heaven and new Earth. My bike I hope has wings to soar through the Milky Way past Betelgeuse. We will fly at the speed of thought. Oh I know this all sounds crazy, but it's totally possible. Those who chose to reject Jesus Christ will burn in hell and the lake of fire. But we who lived and died for the cause of Christ will ride forever.

Many people are living day to day just trying to survive and don't care or plan for tomorrow. There's so much more than this life we see here. Make plans today for your tomorrows. In Jesus you will share joy, peace, and love forever. Isn't that really what we all want? Live for Him and be ready to die for Him. If you do die in Him, it's all gain.
I don't think there will be Yamaha 200's in heaven. But I do believe there's going to be awesome rides up there. So, get ready to ride. It's going to be awesome. Have the greatest week ever and get some good riding in. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : That First Ride

Post by trip on April 26th 2015, 6:09 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on April 26th 2015, 5:39 pm

Thanks Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on April 26th 2015, 7:51 pm

thanks dino ,

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down