Sunday Mornin' Hope : 'Shut off da wight!'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : 'Shut off da wight!'

Post by Psalmist on May 2nd 2015, 10:53 pm

1Pe 2:9 - But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

You remember the cute or funny things your kids said when they were young? Nobody enjoyed them more than you because this was your flesh and blood. Tonight I was privileged to spend time with my 5 brothers and sisters and all the children (and grand children). Don put in a dvd of remastered movies my parents took as we grew up. To the rest of our family this was probably quite boring. But we were THERE. The movies are so old, there's no sound on them. We talked and laughed so much, our own kids left the room and got their guitars out and sang their songs. As we looked down memory lane, our children were making their memories.

Many years ago my son Josiah was ready for bed as we (9) stayed in a hotel room in Florida. With 7 kids there was a whole lot of giggling going on. Tired of it all Josiah yelled "Shut off da wight, I'm twiing to schweep!" We have re enjoyed that moment so many times and Josiah puts up with us. Making memories with family is priceless. This week we made many more and I'm pretty sure our kids and grandkids will hearken back to 'these simple days'.

Today I was honored to officiate Josiah's wedding to a wonderful young Christian lady. All my sons and daughters looked so handsome and beautiful. I got choked up a few times realizing my son was leaving the homestead. Last night I walked by his empty room and the light was still on. As I 'shut off da wight' my eyes welled up. I remembered all the great times with him and our family. Oh I know he's not gone and we've gained a daughter. But really he is gone, and I really miss him already. Does it ever get easier to let go of your children? I can honestly say that I have the best 7 children in the world.

I thank God my children are in the world but not OF the world. They have all decided to follow this verse in Peter. Tonight they were showing forth the praises of Jesus Christ in their songs and actions. They all have been called out of darkness into His marvelous light. Have a fantastic week!! I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : 'Shut off da wight!'

Post by actionpack on May 3rd 2015, 8:06 pm

thanks dino , memory lanes is great , TU

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on May 4th 2015, 6:03 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on May 4th 2015, 6:39 pm

Just went through the same thing Dino. My son was married on January 9th. I still listen for him to open the garage door. My daughter left 8 years ago and I still miss her. I will tell yo one thing that eases the pain ....
GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!

bouncb bouncb bouncb bouncb bouncb

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top