Sunday Mornin' Hope : God's new ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : God's new ride

Post by Psalmist on May 9th 2015, 7:21 pm

Exodus 24:9 -Then they climbed the mountain--Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel--

24:10 -and saw the God of Israel. He was standing on a pavement of something like sapphires--pure, clear sky-blue.

24:11 -He didn't hurt these pillar-leaders of the Israelites: They saw God; and they ate and drank.

This is the time of the year that bikers get all the cool chrome and leather for their 'rides'. It's a challenge to make things work with your project. Just gluing or sticking things on the bike is pretty boring. I really enjoy posts on here that some one thought outside of the box. Of course there are things that make you scratch your head in wonder. As in 'I wonder how long that will stay there, before it blows off.'

The best part of going to rallies is to see what unusual things make up someone's ride. While at Sturgis last year (or year before) we met a guy who made his bike frame out of a giant welded chain. His back tire was a bus tire. He told me it would go 80 mph. I was so impressed. He said it was a hard tail (read hard on your tail). The bike had a peanut tank and stretched out front forks. So with that you couldn't go very far and turning would be the challenge of your life. It was so cool though and drew a big crowd.

Lately I've been trying to add features to my bike, like stereo, fairing, trunk, strong steel rack, trailer hitch, and whatever else I "NEED". The greatest satisfaction is getting something that really fits and works well. So far, I've gotten two backrest that will not work with my Mustang seat. But I did get a cool 'School breakfast Stereo"! By using cereal bowls about 6 1/2 inches wide and zip ties, the speakers really sound balanced, not like those cheap little bullet speakers all over Ebay. These have some bass to them. I sealed the edges with silicone so they would be air tight. The stereo itself is in a kids school lunch bag made of nylon. I have just over $100 in a nice sounding stereo. Okay, you might be wondering about rain. Those large ziplock baggies work great for now.

In the opening of this Sunday Mornin' Hope post is a scripture about God's new ride. I encourage you to read the whole chapter to understand God's love better. Here God calls Moses and 70 elders to come up this mountain for lunch. As they are there, they see God coming on a sapphire stone. We might call that His new ride. Did God need something to stand on? Probably not. I think God wets our desire for heaven with snapshots of His glory. Our 'ride's' up there are going to be so cool. Then they all ate lunch and God didn't destroy them. God is not out to punish us. He desires us to spend time with Him. By grace He enjoys us and even sings over us.

So start planning out your ride here and dream of your ride in heaven. He's got one waiting for you with all the whistles and bells you like. Have a super week and get some good riding in. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : God's new ride

Post by trip on May 10th 2015, 6:08 am

Thanks Dino. How about some pictures of your fancy new stereo?

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2737

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on May 10th 2015, 4:05 pm

thanks dino , your sound system sounds cool , pictures if you can

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8530

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on May 11th 2015, 9:56 am

thanks Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7141

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist on May 11th 2015, 9:55 pm

I'm not good enough to post pics here, but if you go to my Facebook "Dino Hutchings" you can see two pics. If you know how to cut and paste them here, I would appreciate it greatly! Blessings

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content