Sunday Mornin' Hope : Got a minute?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Got a minute?

Post by Psalmist on May 16th 2015, 10:38 pm

Ps 37:9 -For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Isa 30:18 -And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Isa 40:31 -But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

What do you do when your day is planned out for you in 2 hour increments? From the time you wake up you have meetings and deadlines. How does that make you feel, maybe a little stressed? It sure does me. I like my weekends nice and slow with a ride somewhere 'sammiched' in. Today was not one of them days. I was blessed to be a part of a wedding, birthday party, planning lunch, home dedication and probably something I forgot to go to. I looked down at my gps on my phone on my bike when a policeman drove by. Thankfully he was on his way somewhere more important.

WE are too busy most of the time. Do you think King David and Isaiah had busy schedules? I do. These guys were the movers and shakers of their day. I'm not sure if they had sun dial watches in those days, but they were probably scheduled to the max. I think some of our prayers probably make God laugh. He has the answer to all of our situations, and we are faithful to let Him know what we need right then. Our problem is God's timing is perfect and we are in too much of a hurry. Someone said "God is always right on time, but He's missed a lot of great opportunities to be early!"

Learn to look around and wait on God. Have you ever rushed a project only to find the results worthless? I sure have. I have tried to take shortcuts only to find I had to do it over. Some of my best friends are in their 60's 70's and 80's, and BOY ARE THEY SLLLOOOOOWWWW!! Why does God put them in our lives? Doesn't He know I needed it yesterday?

Petra sang a song some years ago called "More power to ya". One of my favorite lines in it was "So hurry up and wait upon the Lord." God is never in a hurry, so learn to be more like Him and enjoy the ride. Listen a little longer to your family. Ask those old fuddy duds for their advice...and listen to it.

I have an older friend named Richard who takes me to my treatments every Tuesday. We spend the day together out of town at my dr's office. I really don't understand why he takes me every week, but he does. God brings great people into our lives for a season and a reason. Maybe it's to mentor me in how to love sacrificially. I guess it's working. We really enjoy our time together, well at least I do. Richard is so patient and funny. His wonderful wife plays flute in our worship team. Richard used to be a band director at a large school in town many years ago. I think they played by kerosene lanterns. He actually taught before cell phones!!

Have a super week and get some good riding in. Take the time and listen to God and those around you. Maybe He's speaking thru them. I'm praying for you. Slow down.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Got a minute?

Post by actionpack on May 17th 2015, 12:51 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on May 18th 2015, 7:34 am

Thanks Dino!!

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on May 20th 2015, 5:43 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top