Sunday Mornin' Hope : Nineveh

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Nineveh

Post by Psalmist on May 23rd 2015, 11:40 pm

Jonah 4: 11 "Should I not have compassion on Nineveh, the great city in which there are more than 120,000 persons who do not know the difference between their right and left hand, as well as many animals?"

One of the most amazing books in the Bible is the book of Jonah. It's the only book that ends in God asking His prophet a question of mercy. As you read the background of this wicked city called Nineveh, you find that any normal person Christian or not would be afraid to go near. If the city didn't like you they would filet your body alive and display you on the outside city wall for all to see. So God sent Jonah to warn them of total destruction in 40 days. The city repented from the king all the way down to the animals.

I guess it would impact you too if you met a man that just came out of the belly of a large fish. Bleached skin and seaweed in his teeth Jonah made quite the convincing argument of coming doom. Amazingly this wicked city repented and God had mercy on them. Even Jonah was disappointed with God's decision. He found a high position outside the city to watch the destruction. Maybe he thought this was going to be just like Sodom and Gomorrah ( that fire and brimstone scene). But NOOO! God had other plans.

Have you ever wondered why God does and doesn't do things? Billy Graham was credited with saying "If God doesn't destroy America, He needs to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah." When you watch the news, you really wonder why God hasn't made toast of our country. God's ways are higher than ours so we need to let go of any frustrations and questions about His timing.

Last week I found out my psa reached 199. At first this could be very alarming. My psa is supposed to be 1-4 with 4 being high. But to God, 199 is just a number. Concerned? Sure I am, but I'm totally trusting in His plan for my life. We really can't add a single day to our timeline. But the way some of you ride..... well that's another post. ( I say that looking in the mirror. )

My God is merciful and keeps covenant. He told my mom "I got this." when she was crying out to God on my behalf. Does that mean we don't need to call on Jesus. No. 'The fervent effectual prayers of a righteous man availeth much.' Jesus told the story of the unrighteous judge and the persistent woman demanding justice. He wants and expects us to pursue His help. So don't stop pressing Him. But also wants us to learn to walk in His peace, joy and love.

If God had mercy on Nineveh, He probably has mercy for you too. If you turn to Him and repent of your sins, He will keep you from total destruction too. Run to Jesus and enjoy your eternity. He can and will change your future. Tonight my family and I enjoyed "Jonah" the production in Branson. It was better than anything I've ever seen here.

I hope you have a fantastic Memorial weekend. Remember those that have done so much for you. Most of all remember all Jesus has done for you. Ride safely, I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Nineveh

Post by trip on May 24th 2015, 6:01 am

Thanks Dino.

Dino how are you doing these days?

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2798

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist on May 24th 2015, 7:43 am

I think I'm doing good, but my numbers are saying differently. I've had increased pains in my hip and legs, but that is to be expected I guess. The dr is going to try a different medicine this week.

How are you and your lovely wife doing? Thanks for your concerns Wes. And please don't stop praying.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on May 24th 2015, 1:46 pm

thanks dino , were all in your corner , and hope you can get these numbers down with the help of medicine and the Lord

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8603

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on May 24th 2015, 8:19 pm

Prayers continuing. Dino we are only engaged at this point. No date set. I'm dragging my feet.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2798

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top