Sunday Mornin' Hope : Markers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Markers

Post by Psalmist on May 30th 2015, 9:09 pm

Jer 31:21 -Set up road markers for yourself, make yourself guideposts; consider well the highway, the road by which you went. Return, O virgin Israel, return to these your cities.

A few years ago some friends and my wife and I went on a cruise. About two months earlier my friend Tommy asked me if I would renew their vows with them on board the Carnival Cruise. He wanted to surprise her again and I agreed to help. It was quite the elaborate setup. The night of the lobster feast when everyone is dressed up would make the perfect occasion.
During the week his wife was trying to convince me to surprise Tommy and perform their vows. I told her I wasn't licensed to perform weddings in international waters outside the country. I told her I would check with the ships captain and see how he felt about this. Of coarse that never happened. Finally the night came and Tommy got down on one knee to ask her again "Will you marry me?" It was one of the highlights of the ship for all of our party. The neighboring tables all cheered and clapped their hands. My friend Tommy did it right.

Tonight my wife and I celebrated our 34th anniversary together. She has made my life so wonderful. I tell everyone I REALLY married up. And I've said "If she ever leaves me, I'm going with her." And that is where the miracle begins. She could've left me so many times, but she's still here. For poorer or poorer in sickness and in health, she's always been by my side. We were laughing tonight at Olive Garden about some of our recent anniversary celebrations. Last year I was so sick at this time, we ordered Chinese carry out. And we enjoyed every minute of it.
It's not the place but the people that make life exciting. Jeremiah wrote 'Set up markers so you will remember these things.' And we do just that. But the greatest marker or guidepost for me was the day I totally committed my life to Jesus Christ. We have been together probably over 50 years and it just gets better each year. Celebrate those simple things Jesus gave you. Celebrate your family and friends. Celebrate life and especially YOUR life in Jesus Christ. Have a fantastic week and get some good riding in. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Markers

Post by trip on May 31st 2015, 5:58 am

Thanks Dino. Praying for you my friend.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2799

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on May 31st 2015, 2:42 pm

thanks dino and Happy Anniversary to your bride and you on your 34th year of union Cool

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8604

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top