Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race

Post by Psalmist on June 13th 2015, 2:24 pm

Fannie Foogle and the gorilla p.1

Once upon a time in the land of Kerflunk lived a fair young duck named Fannie Foogles. She walked like a duck and quacked like a duck. She was a duck. Everyday around half past 13 she would take her quackers (Moshy, Messie, Mossie, Moi, Monnie, Morton, and Moodah) to the River Nis. Nis was an unusual river in that there was no other side. Many a duck perished trying to cross this river. Each day Fannie would take her lil' ones down to the river to teach them of the perils it held. Nis was almost clear and many went in. But, very few came out. This was because of the undercurrents. A lifeguard was always on duty. Strangly though, He never left the post unless called upon. Most creatures were drawn to the river and never noticed the lifeguard. The temptation to jump in the river, caused many to abandon common sense.

Fannie and the lifeguard were on a first name basis. They were best friends. When Fannie was very young, a mean mallard Marley pushed her into Nis. She almost drowned. When she was way down river in the rapids, she screamed for help. Instantly, the lifeguard lifted her out of the river. No one saw Him coming or going. He was just there. Like a vapor, she was instantly dry. As a young duck, Fannie came to the lifeguard daily to learn life lessons. Others who heard Him speak thought He was too rigid. Fannie found Him to be a true friend.

One day, a gorilla rode up on a young blue horse. The horse was strong, tall, fast and just way too desirable. The gorilla was....... a gorilla. As Fannie's eyes met the gorilla's; his heart began to race. He tried to wave, but lost his balance and fell off the horse. Splash! right into the river Nis. There was no shallow part of the river. He didn't realize the strong current until the bank became distant quickly. She cried out to the Lifeguard, "Save him! Please!" He said, "I can't unless he calls upon me. It's the rule." Like sinking in quicksand, the gorilla saw he couldn't get out without help. He cried out to the Lifeguard "Please help me now! Save me!" Faster than wind, the Lifeguard lifted the gorilla out of the river and instantly they were back on the sandy beach. "What is your name?" asked the gorilla to the Lifeguard. Fannie and the lifeguard broke out in laughter, but not in a mocking way.

(about 4 years ago I started writing a story for my children. The land was Kerflunk) If you like it let me know and I'll continue the post next week. If not, sorry for wasting your time.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race

Post by trip on June 13th 2015, 9:09 pm

Thanks Dino and continue. Please.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on June 14th 2015, 2:56 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on June 15th 2015, 9:43 am

thanks Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top