Sunday Mornin' Hope : More Power To Ya

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : More Power To Ya

Post by Psalmist on October 10th 2015, 8:05 pm

There was a song by a Christian rock band called Petra. The lyrics are as followed:

You say you've been feeling weaker, weaker by the day
You say you can't make the joy of you're Salvation stay
But good things come to them that wait, not to those who hesitate
So, hurry up and wait upon the Lord

More power to ya, when you're standing on His word
When you're trusting with your whole heart
In the message you have heard
More power to ya, when we're all in one accord
They that wait upon the Lord they shall renew
They shall renew their strength

Jesus promised His Disciples, He'd give strength to them
Jesus told them all to tarry in Jerusalem
When they were all in one accord the power of His Spirit Poured
And they began to turn the world around

When you're trusting with your Whole heart

So be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might
Put on all His Armour and fight the good fight
Instead of all of our weakness He becomes so strong
He gives us the power and the strength to carry on

When you're trusting with your whole heart

How's your week been? Or are you having a weak week? Do you ever look around for cameras? Is someone playing a joke on you and filming it for some family hour comedy? We know and understand "All things work together for good to those who love God.." and "His ways and thoughts are higher than ours.." But God where or when does this stop? No that's not a sign of low faith. It's just a real cry unto God for an answer. Even in heaven the saints are asking "How long...?

"God is always on time, BUT He's missed a lot of great opportunities to be early." I like that! I've spent more time in the hospital this past two weeks than I can remember. Thankfully it was outpatient because I'm not really that patient of a patient. Friday I was told to hurry and get to the hospital for some more blood platelets. After sitting in a chair for over an hour, the nurse informed me that they don't have any of those there at the time and I needed to go to the hospital across town. So I got up to leave and she said "Please let me get your vital before you go." So I hurried back to my tented room and put the bp cuff on and started the machine. After a while you can do it yourself. After she was done I smiled and left. I walked back to the church in a fit and hurt my leg. Then one of the secretaries at the church asked me if I needed a ride. I gave her a curt "NO!" and about collapsed to the floor. So I softly and tenderly spoke to her "If that offer is still good, I'll take it." Writhing in pain from my hasty walk I climbed into her Lincoln and we flew across town. She was a total angel and I looked possessed. As my leg was throbbing..no it was more than a throb. It was pounding in pain. As we were riding I reached out and took her hand "Please pray for me." She said "I've been doing it ever since we left." After two hours, I was loaded up with new platelets and felt good enough to go back to the church and get my bike.

So what is the purpose of all these events and trying to keep a good attitude? It's easy to be a Christian and share Jesus when you're on the glide side. People aren't too impressed with that unless they're really in a hole. It's those times when you have seemingly lost everything but your joy from Jesus that they'll sit up and notice you have something they need. Embrace His work in your life.

Ne 8:10 -Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

When Nehemiah wrote this, he wasn't on a raft enjoying the Jordan River and drinking fruity punch. He was under persecution and ridicule. But he knew where his source was. I remember back when I had a music store in Springfield MO. It was in the middle of the night when Patty woke me up "Honey take a deep breath. The store is on fire." Our insurance had run out two weeks earlier because of lack of sales. I jumped in my old station wagon and drove up to the shop. It was a small four stall set of stores under one roof. My store was on the far right side. The store on the far left side had a light ballast get hot and catch all the other stores on fire. I stood in amazement on that cold January night outside my shop. A lady from the radio station walked up to me with a mic in her hand "Is that your store? What were your first thoughts when you saw it on fire?" I smiled and looked at her "I forgot my marsh mellows." She put the mic down and walked away kinda disgusted. I established years ago that whatever I had was from God and still His. I wasn't upset. I knew we would make it. The fire chief walked over to me "Do you want your guitars?" I smiled and said "Sure! I'll get a shovel." He said "No! Their all fine. We'll bring them out to you and tarp the rest of your stuff before we turn the hoses on." It was so awesome! We didn't lose hardly anything. I made several trips home with smoky guitars and Patty wiped them down. That night I believe angels kept the flame out of my store. We stayed in business for several more years and sold everything before we moved into full time music ministry in Fort Smith Arkansas.

The Lord is going to take care of you, so stop fretting about everything or anything. Learn to wait upon the Lord. Let Him teach you.

Isa 40:31 -But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Hey! Have a great week and get some great riding in before it's too cold. Take it one day at a time. Stop stressing out just because you lost everything. It's going to be better soon. Remember I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : More Power To Ya

Post by trip on October 11th 2015, 6:26 am

Thanks Dino. I needed that.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2798

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on October 11th 2015, 7:40 pm

great message , thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8603

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on October 12th 2015, 8:40 am

thanks dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top