Sunday Mornin' Hope : Traditions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Traditions

Post by Psalmist on November 28th 2015, 6:45 pm

Job 5:

8 "But as for me, I would seek God, And I would place my cause before God;
9 Who does great and unsearchable things, Wonders [fn] without number.
10 "He gives rain on the earth And sends water on the fields,
11 So that He sets on high those who are lowly, And those who mourn are lifted to safety.

Remember that song from Fiddler on the roof "Tradition"? It dealt with the things the family did repeatedly. We all like traditions. They give us security and are things we enjoy. Traditions are things like facing the mob at Walmart every year on Thanksgiving evening at 6 pm. just so you can save $5 on a set of ceramic reindeer.

We have a family tradition of Christmas'ing the house on the Saturday following Thanksgiving. So today we have Manheim Steamroller Christmas music playing while dusty boxes from the attic fill the living room. And then there's the strands and strands AND strands of outdoor lights that give no guarantee they will work. This is the time of year we invest highly in extension cords and six plug surge protector boxes. I don't know why our electric bill is so high in January. Must be Christmas bonuses downtown. It surely couldn't be our meter that glows like Rudolph's nose.

What are some traditions you enjoy at this time of the year? Do you like to bake or cook a special recipe? Go ahead and share it here. I'd be interested in learning some of those special things that you have traditionalized.

Some people really have a hard time emotionally this time of year. I used to really get an attitude when I had my music store. People's greed was so frustrating. I didn't even want Christmas to come. Depression strangles even the best of people. They think back on all the should's like "I should've done or said this or that. If you are ever troubled by mistakes of the past, remember this. WE all make 'mistrakes'. Stop being so hard on yourself. You have today and hopefully tomorrow to make it right or better. Try small projects and change the way you speak about yourself. Hang a few ornaments and call an old friend. Start some new traditions.

Revelation 12:1

They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony.

There is so much power in the tongue. You will speak either life or death over yourself. Start speaking good things over you, your family, job, home, and friends. When you get out of bed, look in the mirror, smile, and say "Hey Good Looking!! You're blessed by the love of Jesus!" Then think about ALL the good things you DO have. Start thanking God out loud for all His wonderful gifts He has lavished upon you. He's been so good to you (probably better than you deserve). I know He's been extremely good to me. I have the best of everything He can afford. Did I mention my God is rich? AND He's crazy about me. I am one of His favorites, and so are you. God has traditions as noted in the first lines from the book of Job (pronounced Jobe), not to be confused with a place of work. Job had a terrible time in every direction. But he knew God and hated evil. In the end God blessed him mightily. And throughout his suffering he gave glory to God.

I really hope this is the best Christmas season of your life. I hope you made the nice list this year. I really enjoy your comments about the posts. So, give us some of your traditions. Remember there's no right or wrong answers here. Try and keep your traditions to 1000 words or less (smiles). Have a fantastic week. I'm really praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Traditions

Post by trip on November 28th 2015, 8:09 pm

Thanks Dino.  One of my traditions is reading your message every week. Cool

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2799

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist on November 29th 2015, 3:26 pm

Thanks Trip. Your weekly encouragment is always welcome

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on December 1st 2015, 10:19 am

thanks dino , our family traditions have changed big time thru the years , the most fun years were when our kids were young , there all grown , grand kids are all grown , I g-granddaughter that's 7 , we have a fun family get together and exchange gifts and fill our bellys full of good food , our home is for the most part bare from Christmas trees and out door lights , we enjoy all these things , but its more fun to me to go to the kids and look at all the hard work they have done to make there homes shiney from the glitter . Cool

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8604

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top