Sunday Mornin' Hope : Makanume

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Makanume

Post by Psalmist on January 16th 2016, 11:30 pm

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew[1] their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Today is a new day. My son Judah and I went to work on our man cave. This is a place just for guys. What do you do with a shed in the back yard collecting watchmallits that has been collecting 20 years of junk? You make it a "MAN CAVE" of course. Today we were getting it ready for the cold air coming down from Canada. Staple gun, visqueen , and a ladder along with a lot of determination gave us a good start. This is one of those father son moments that we look forward to. Imagine a shed full of junk and we're going to conquer it. So we spent two good hours putting up the visqueen in the ceiling. Judah age 14 and I age... Well I was born in 19 hundred and none of your business! The shed looks really good so far. We didn't finish it yet, but it has a lot of promise.

Starting over is a lot of fun in so many areas. Also finishing a project is very exciting. I've started something new in my life. Wherever I go I pray for the person I come in contact with. Whether it's at the drive thru at the bank or the counter of Geno's Pizza.

Yesterday I met with a pastor for lunch. It was funny. We both got the salad bar and skipped the pizza. As the lady took our order, I took the time to ask her what she wanted from God. She had just had a tragedy in her life and really needed prayer. It was a kairos moment. Kairos is a God moment in time We got the opportunity to pray with several people there in the pizza place. God is so much fun eh?

After about 20 minutes of lunch with my friend, a guy and his son were sitting down a few tables away. I felt led to pray for him. He shared how he was a muslim and wanted to convert me to islam. I wasn't interested and just wanted to pray for him. Well that didn't work out so well so he left and gave us the bird. I'm not sure what God had in mind when I was led to speak to him. Maybe I was not supposed to talk to him after all and God was just checking to see if I was listening and or available. About 98% of the time people really want to be prayed for. I want to be ready all the time .

Learn to wait upon the Lord and listen to His voice. Sometimes you might miss it, and that's fine. Other times you will find yourself in a wonderful moment. I want Jesus to 'make a new me' every day. Look for those opps and your life will be much more exciting. What do you have to lose?

When you're riding the range on your VTX or whatever's in your stable; He will give you the people you're supposed to pray with. Have a fantastic week. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Makanume

Post by trip on January 17th 2016, 8:14 am

Thanks Dino.  You have inspired me to get to work in my cave.  What a mess.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on January 17th 2016, 9:35 pm

thanks dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top