Sunday Mornin' Hope : Cell phones please hold

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Cell phones please hold

Post by Psalmist on February 20th 2016, 10:11 pm

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Cell phones "Please hold."

Isaiah 40: 31 Yet those who wait for the Lord Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Patty and two of our children and myself were eating at a Olive Garden when I took out my cell phone do something. BUSTED!!They all got on me for having a phone at the table. We have a rule "No phones at the table." But when you're impatient or forget to wait, it can be challenging. All of our lives are based upon the clock. Some jobs are "How fast can you do this?" Why are we racing to get things done?

The Bible instructs us many times to wait on the Lord but we have lost the art of doing so. Petra sang a song called "More Power to Ya". My favorite line in the song was "So hurry up and wait upon the Lord." Rush to wait. When we pray, how much time is spent waiting? If you put it in percentages, Would it be single or double digits. I wish I could say mine was in the high double digits. But it's far from that. Let's not get frustrated though as we learn to listen more. He's patient with us.

I learned a valuable lesson from a jail chaplain. His name was Rev. Bob McGuire. As we were walking through the halls of the jail to his office (about the size of two phone booths) people were handing him notes of needs that they wanted taken care of right then. When we got to his office, he told me to sit down and taught me how to wait. If you rush to every fire you will lessen your importance. After talking for some time he proceeded to open the needs of others. He was brilliant. God sends us mentors to teach us how to live. How do you teach or learn patience? With a smile we do these tasks.

Hebrews 10:36

For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and [1] carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.

All God's promises are yes and amen. Learn to enjoy the art of patience. God is waiting for you to learn to wait on Him Have a great week and hopefully you don't have to use your phone at the table. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Cell phones please hold

Post by trip on February 21st 2016, 7:28 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on February 21st 2016, 6:18 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on February 25th 2016, 9:15 am

thanks Dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top