Sunday Mornin' Hope : Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Dream

Post by Psalmist on February 27th 2016, 9:56 pm

1 Corinthians 16:13

Be [1] on the alert, stand [2] firm in the faith, act [3] like men, be [4] strong.

There's a video on you tube that inspires me to go forward with boldness. A group of Asian men in their 80's and 90's decide it's time to ride. (In case you can't see it, go to you tube and type in 'Taiwan Old Man Motorcycle')

Taiwan Old Man Motorcycle

There will come many people in your life that might seem to discourage you. "You're too you young for that." (I confess I haven't heard that one in a while.) Or you might hear a mess of dream smashing comments. Many of these come from your own mind. Remember the pet rock, smiley button, and a host of 'crazy' ideas? Who ever thought a lady in San Francisco looking to trade Pez candy dispensers would become rich with a small company called Ebay? When you get an idea run with it! Who knows? It might be bigger than the ball point pen. Some of you might remember when that first came out.

Habakkuk 2:2

Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record [1] the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the [2] one who reads [3] it may run.

One of my friends has been without his lower left leg for many years. He and I have ridden our bikes together for at least 18 years. This weekend he rode home his new triked Gold Wing. He won't ever stop riding. Another of my riding buddies has been without sight in one of his eyes but you couldn't get him off his bike no matter what you try. He's only 72 years young. These two guys love Jesus and impress me so much. They're not quitters. They find another way to make it happen.Pursue those things you plan to do. Dream BIG. Make the impossible POSSIBLE!

Matthew 19:26

And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With [1] people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

What's holding you back from your dreams? Who's shutting off your light of ideas? Can you imagine Edison giving up while he was working on the light bulb? He tried 2000 times before he succeeded in bringing the light bulb to completion. It sure would be challenging to ride my bike after dark. Every rider would have to be home by 6 pm. Forget those pie and ice cream runs at night. But you wouldn't have to worry about the 'deer in the headlight' look, or all those accidents after dark.

This Thursday I'm planning to ride to Daytona Bike Week with my friends Tommy and Tommy and his brother in law Tommy. Guess what my middle name is? Jack? No, it honestly is Thomas. Dream again, especially when 'they' say you can't. I'm going after battling prostate cancer since 2008 stage 4. I can't quit. And YOU can't either!! Have a fantastic week. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Dream

Post by trip on February 28th 2016, 7:53 am

"Or you might hear a mess of dream smashing comments. Many of these come from your own mind." Thanks Dino. It is interesting that you point out we may put restrictions on our selves. I'm bad about that.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2798

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack on February 28th 2016, 2:15 pm

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8603

Back to top Go down