Sunday Mornin' Hope : Surprise!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Surprise!

Post by Psalmist on April 16th 2016, 9:56 pm

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the Lord, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord.
9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.

I love surprises. Today is my brother's birthday. Last night his wife held a surprise 60th birthday party. He's getting very old. He's three years older than me. I love that old man like a brother. He still looks like a 30 year old. Jack Lalaine and Dick Clark must've had some influence on his aging. Those guys never aged. Me? Well I think I look like I'm 17 still. It's just harder to get out of bed and swing my leg over the bike.

The bike is supposed to have a low seat height, so maybe my legs are shrinking. Getting on a bike with a custom backrest looks like a ballerina exercise in slow motion. Once on the bike I'm fine and do great, unless I put my feet down on gravel or sand. Then the dance begins again. My wife is threatening me with a trike. OK she's actually encouraging me to get one. She knows I'm not going to stop riding, and she really wants me around for a few more years.

I remember as we came close to our anniversaries, I would give her a saddlebag suitcase and tell her to pack for a week. I wouldn't tell her where we were going. I loved surprising her. But I was pretty predictable and we usually ended up in Pensacola, Florida. What a patient wife I have. 35 years next month and she still loves me. I really married up.

This summer Patty and I have some surprise trips for the kids. They want to know when and where we're going and we're driving them 'quazee' with our secrets. We will open the surprise to them a week before we leave. Did I mention I have the greatest family too? Everyone is healthy, happy, and holy. I am truly blessed.

I think I have surprised many demons too, cuz I'm still here. Being stage 4 prostate cancer since 08 has got to be a surprise to them stupid demons. My God has kept me here fulfilling His mission and plan for my life. Last week I was in the hospital for a few days getting an 'oil change'. I had the opportunity to pray with so many dr's, nurses, and what nots! It was a good time. Maybe that's why I was in there! Every day since 08 makes it approximately 2,920 miracles of life.

God's ways and thoughts are so much higher than ours. His timing is perfect. But there has been times I wish He was earlier. I'm glad He's patient with me and gives me surprises like everyday. Everyday is a miracle surprise. He has surprised you many times too. Have you ever said or thought "Whew! THAT was close ! "? Maybe you were riding around a curve and the bike lost control or you slowed down just in time. Then a 20 point buck bounded across the highway!

Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

God has commissioned angels to watch over Christians. I call my angel Clem. I think he's ready for a rest. Have you ever felt like something was saying "SLOW DOWN you knuckle head!" ? I have many times and lived to see why. Well. I hope you have a great week and get some awesome riding in. Pray for everyone you meet. Surprise them! It will surprise YOU how easy and fun it is. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Surprise!

Post by actionpack on April 17th 2016, 5:15 am