Sunday Mornin' Hope : But they refused to come

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : But they refused to come

Post by Psalmist on April 23rd 2016, 8:34 pm

Sunday Mornin; Hope : But they refused to come

Matt 22:

Parable of the Marriage Feast

1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying,
2 "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son.
3 "And he sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come.
4 "Again he sent out other slaves saying, 'Tell those who have been invited, "Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and my fattened livestock are all butchered and everything is ready; come to the wedding feast."'
5 "But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own farm , another to his business,
6 and the rest seized his slaves and mistreated them and killed them.

7 "But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.
8 "Then he said* to his slaves, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 'Go therefore to the main highways, and as many as you find there, invite to the wedding feast.'
10 "Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.
11 "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes,
12 and he said* to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless.
13 "Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Do you remember going to the prom? Did they have electricity and running water back then? I remember all the fussing I had to go through. For the same price of the tux, I bought a three piece suit and a 'korsaugee' (B.Bunny). Everything had to be just right. Her parents loaned us their 73 ragtop Firebird. Pictures? We must've taken dozens, like it was a wedding. Several years later I had the privilege of 'hitching' one of my sons to a wonderful young Christian lady. He really married up, like me. Again, all the details and pictures. Oh what 'fun' we all had. If I had my 'druthers', it would've been clean jeans and a nice shirt. I learned a long time ago "Men go out to fight battles and women plan weddings". So dad's, all you have to do is nod yes and stay out of the way. They know what and how it's supposed to be. Anything more than the official nod, and you're on the couch Bubba.

In Matthew 22 Jesus is nearing the end of His ministry and shares what was about to happen to Him soon, and also at the end of time. His father, God had sent many prophets throughout time to teach the people His ways and how to live with joy, peace, and love in the home. Basically they shared how to love God and their neighbors. Since the Garden of Eden, man learned very little how to do this. Instead, man has cultivated selfishness and hatred and every evil thing under the sun. In the story Jesus refers to the prophets as slaves or those who worked for the King. Selfish men killed all these messengers from God. And Jesus prophesied what was about to happen to Him.

God has sent us today many great people to help us get ready for the greatest marriage in all eternity. And again, most people today don't accept what is presented. The messengers today are looked upon as liars and crooks. Do they make mistrakes? Obviously. We all do. "When you become perfect, let me know. I'll be your disciple." said a friend of mine. Don't confuse the inaccuracy of the messenger with the truth of God's word. Man will fail constantly, needing grace and our willingness to look past the scars of an imperfect life.

So get dressed up spiritually. We're going to the wedding of all weddings. All sickness and pain will be gone. You will be dressed in laughter, love, peace, joy, strength, and all the wonderful attributes of His presence. How do you get dressed? You put on a robe of righteousness by giving your all to Jesus and ask Him to forgive you. Then you invite Him to come in and live in you. Will you be perfect? I doubt it. Who knows? Maybe people will like you more. Have a great week and get some real riding in. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : But they refused to come

Post by actionpack on April 24th 2016, 5:36 am

thanks dino

True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8564

Back to top Go down

Post by trip on April 24th 2016, 6:11 am

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2765

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon on April 24th 2016, 9:54 am

thanks dino

"I can explain it to you ... but I can't understand it for you" ...

Law Dawg
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top