Sunday Mornin' Hope : Ride the race

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Psalmist on May 7th 2016, 7:26 pm

1 Corinthians 9:24

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Remember your first ride? What was it? Mine was a 73 Yamaha rd 200. I rode that bike all around SW Missouri and down to Russellville Arkansas to see my brother and his wife. Can you imagine riding a small bike 175 miles each way? A little 200cc bike is about as close to a scooter as you can get. To get highway speed you had spray that chain real well and almost put your head on the tank. To slow down you just had to sit up. I remember one time near Branson. I was riding down this big hill on HWY 65 and I could see a GIANT June bug right in my direction. He should've known I had the right of way. BAM!! he about cracked my face shield in two. My oh my! I've seen so much juice on me in that short of time. I had to pull over and wash all that off. If you've had a similar experience, share it below. We need the laughs

Life is a race. If you finish it with Jesus, you're a winner! It's not about who's the fastest. It's about who's the smartest. When you chose to live for Jesus, you entered the lane to the winners circle.

2 Timothy 4: 6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.

7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;

8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Paul here is speaking about finishing as a winner. We're all going to finish soon. I have lost 90 lbs. over this past year battling cancer and feel my time is very short. Everyday I wake up at stage 4 is a miracle. 8 years times 365 days equals 2920 miracles I have lived through. Has God healed me? Yes 2920 times!!

Ride your race with a smile. Put on those loud pipes and nice seat. Do everything with excellence, Pray with and help everyone you can. Slow down that ride and enjoy the view. Life's short, wear a helmet. You are blessed. I'm praying for you.

Galations 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Ride the race

Post by trip on May 7th 2016, 9:47 pm

Thanks Dino.

I don't have an attitude...I was just born with lots of character!!!
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2798

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top